|Home||Darwin Silver||Darwin Ascension||About Us||Contact|
Darwin Cable Company has earned a reputation as a giant killer, but frankly, we're running out of giants! Don’t take our word for it. Read the reviews and testimonials on this site. You’ll find accolades all over the web from all over the world, too. You will find our cables behind some of the finest systems in the world, including those of industry insiders, who have heard it all and recognize greatness.
First of all, we understand skepticism. The cable market has been polluted by unwarranted hype, extravagant prices and almost always, disappointing performance. Darwin Cable Company was born out of that frustration. Two blue-collar audiophiles—Bill Magerman and Tony Bender—with a scrappy attitude and an obsession for excellence have quite literally have turned the industry on its collective ears by re-imagining the audio cable from the ground up.
It started with a humble silver cable Bill Magerman, a speaker crossover designer, built for clients. It eclipsed the expensive cables Tony Bender was using in his system. A partnership was formed, and true to the Darwin namesake, the cable design has evolved through a balance of art and science—a purist approach with great attention paid to details and advanced scientific methods. The result is the most pristine signal in the business, impeccably balanced, honest and organic. It’s a cable that has restored the faith of many audiophiles. Immense value. World-class performance. Truth in advertising…
“I have spent over 10 times as much for balanced interconnects which have no where near the performance of the Ascension Plus balanced cables. This is the real deal. Get in before this company goes viral. What an amazing change in the content of music (which is either filtered out or simply not reproduced by other cable designs). No other cable I have heard in 30 years in this hobby has been this unique and game changing.” —Manjeet Mann, Victoria, BC
Here are the keys to the Darwin design:
• Silver Wire: Silver is 6% more conductive than copper. Audiophiles fight so hard and pay so much to extract those last few percentage points of performance. Why surrender 6% of performance? Forget what you think you know about silver, which has gotten a bad rap in some circles for being “forward”. That is simply evidence of poor design and lesser materials. Nothing reveals inner detail, attack, decay and realism like Darwin Cable Company’s silver cables. Artfully voiced, the bass is taut, the top end sparkles and the room comes alive. Darwin Cable Company sources the finest silver wire from three continents for specific sonic qualities. By using the proper gauge, skin effect, which causes high frequencies to arrive too soon, is banished. “Your cable has no flaws,” a well-known cable distributor said once.
• Low Mass: The synchronicity of the Darwin design is anchored in Bill Magerman’s low mass approach. Dismissing bulky metal ends as audio jewelry—audio cesspools of electric eddies and anomalies, Magerman and Bender carefully auditioned the best terminations they could find including expensive, highly-regarded brands before choosing the best performer. Always, the goal is neutrality and transparency. These are not your daddy’s tone control cables. The signal delivered is so shockingly transparent and natural, it elevates the performance of the music and the components to their true potential.
• Air Dielectric: By experimenting with common build techniques, Bender and Magerman discovered critical mistakes other manufacturers were making. They resolved to build a cable from the ground up, listening at every turn. Among most common sins in the industry are coated wires. “Anything covering the wire veils the sound,” Bender concluded. “When we floated the proper wire in the proper oversized Teflon tube—an air dielectric—we eliminated capacitance issues.” The effect was transformative. Here’s why: Any coating (poor dielectric) on a wire acts as a capacitor, holding and releasing energy in an unpredictable manner, compromising coherence and timing. A leading cause of listener fatigue.
• Cryogenic Treatment: All Darwin Cables are cryogenically treated. We recently devised a two-stage, deep-cycle CryoWise© process that further improves molecular alignment much like water turning to ice. This improved uniformity translates into a more perfect and accurate signal. Expensive, but worth it.
Darwin Cable Company offers the following lineup:
• Darwin Silver: Many months of research and development created the original cable that Stereo Mojo and other reviewers raved about. A reference cable in it’s own right, we commonly hear from customers that it bests cables costing well over $1,000, among them some pretty big names. MSRP $295 (3’ RCA).
• Darwin Ascension: Fast becoming a legend. In 2012, we discovered a rare silver wire in Europe that stunned us with its performance. Then, having grown frustrated by the shortcomings of the RCA terminations on the market, Bill Magerman redesigned our RCA plug in the interest of dielectric performance. Painstakingly handcrafted in a process measured in hours, we believe it to be the finest RCA plug on the market. Even more revealing than our original Darwin Silver, with an ability to reproduce both delicate and thunderous music, the Ascension took systems to another level. One reviewer confided that we ought to bill it as “The Last Cable You Will Ever Need to Buy.” A defining feature of the Ascension is a tube-like airiness—neutral, but feathery. It can be found in some of the most refined audio systems in existence. MSRP $595 (3’ RCA).
• Darwin Ascension Plus: First of all, let us say that we will not get into the cable hype game of releasing a cable that is not an improvement. The Darwin Ascension Plus employs our exclusive CryoWise© process, which costs 40 times as much as other cryogenic treatments. What is the difference in performance? Imagine a microscope coming into sharper focus. It is the most accurate cable we have made to date. As with the original Ascension, which has proven itself against cables costing more than $12,500, we will put this cable up against any cable anywhere, anytime. MSRP: $795 (3’ RCA).
No risk. All you have to lose is the grunge and the veil. Hear just how good your music can sound. Darwin Cable Company offers a 30-day Peace of Mind money-back guarantee. But experience tells us that you would punch us in the nose if we tried to take them back. Darwin Cable Company… Let the Evolution Begin!
|Home||Darwin Silver||Darwin Ascension||About Us||Contact|